4,000 associate applications reviewed
540 coffees from Ground Support in SoHo
468 days spent together
54 names before landing on STYLISH
37 flights between New York and LA
21 years of friendship.
Here’s a closer look at Jenna, Kyle and Sarah.
While president and executive creative director of J.Crew Group, Jenna Lyons was widely recognized as the creative force behind the American retail chain’s phenomenal rise from floundering catalogue chain to one of the most coveted fashion brands in the United States. Jenna is now co-founder and CEO of direct-to-consumer beauty brand LoveSeen as well as title role and executive producer of STYLISH with Jenna Lyons. Jenna currently resides in New York City with her son, Beckett.
- Kyle in three words: Angel. From. Heaven.
- Last thing you bought: Toilet bowl brush as a housewarming gift for Sarah and Kat
- Last thing you Googled: Public or private browser?
- Number of shoes in your closet: 300
- Number of shoes in rotation: Probably 12
Sarah Clary is a New York-based fashion stylist and creative director for Lyons L.A.D., working alongside Jenna Lyons as her creative partner. Sarah has spent her career as a freelance stylist and consultant for countless fashion companies. She is sought after for her talents in helping guide brands to a more focused identity, shaping the look of their campaigns and often advising on the clothing they produce.
- Last thing you Googled: How to play Pokemon (my kid is obsessed)
- When the cameras stoped rolling, you’d be caught … On my phone while hugging Jenna and Kyle
- Last thing you bought: AirPods
- Coffee order: Three-shot cappuccino with oat milk + a second one in the afternoon — iced or hot
- Number of shoes in your closet: Oh boy, 200? 🤷🏻♀️
Kyle DeFord is the chief of staff at Lyons L.A.D., where he works alongside Jenna Lyons on all business operations. Previously, he spent a decade at J. Crew, beginning as a sales associate in his hometown of Rochester, N.Y., and eventually serving as a recruiter in the corporate office, a senior member of the men’s merchandising team, and chief of staff to CEO Mickey Drexler.
- Favorite Jenna-ism: “Can I just say something?”
- Loafers, heels or Air Force 1s: Barefoot
- Best NYC restaurant to order takeout: Hunan Delight. Best Chinese food in NYC.
- When the camera stopped rolling, you’d be caught … Distracting someone on the crew with a joke
- Desert island beauty product: Chapstick (it’s dry)